Policy Version Date: May 5, 2018
Like most websites, ProgressSoft collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. ProgressSoft's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how ProgressSoft’s visitors use its website.
Information We Collect
Information Visitors Provide:
Visitors may provide personal information through our website when inquiries are made about our products and services, they sign up for newsletters, contact us for support, or send articles or news to a friend.
Information Collected Automatically:
We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device’s memory that help us to improve our services and your experience; see which areas and features of our services are popular; and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails that help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
ProgressSoft uses the Hotjar Heatmap tool to understand what users want, care about and interact with on our website by visually representing their clicks, taps and scrolling behavior.
Use of Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Provide, maintain, customize, and improve our services;
- Respond to your questions and requests as well as provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services and events offered by ProgressSoft, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- Customize content and layout of the website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have implemented robust physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
Our Commitment to GDPR
On May 25, 2018, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect. The GDPR regulates the governance of personal data for EU citizens with an emphasis on data security and privacy. ProgressSoft believes information security and data privacy is of paramount importance and forms the foundational principles of everything we do. We recognize the importance of passing regulations to advance information security and data privacy for citizens of the EU. We are firmly committed to GDPR readiness.
Data Protection Policy
ProgressSoft welcomes the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as an essential set of regulations to affirm our commitment to data protection across the European Union. We are committed to ensuring:
- Personal data collected is processed in a fair, legal, and transparent way.
- Personal data collected is only to fulfill specific and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Processed data is adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Personal data is accurate and where necessary, kept up to date;
- Personal data is not kept longer than necessary;
- All personal data is kept secure and confidential.
- Personal data will not be shared with third parties except when necessary in order for them to provide services upon agreement;
- Personal data is not transferred to countries outside of the EU without adequate protection;
- EU citizens have the right to access their own personal data.
The ProgressSoft Website content is not intended for children and we do not permit children to register. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected personal information pertaining to a child under the age of consent in the country where the child is located without valid consent, we will delete the information from our records.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may share some personal information with trusted technology companies (Google, Hotjar) who work on our behalf under confidentiality agreements for analytics and statistics. This is for the benefit of ensuring we offer optimum content and site navigation.
Third Party Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites which are outside of our control and are not covered by this policy. While we try to provide links to websites that share our standards for privacy, we are not responsible for their content, security or privacy practices.
ProgressSoft does not knowingly solicit or collect sensitive data, and visitors should not provide any information regarding medical or health conditions, their race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or any data deemed sensitive.
ProgressSoft may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 5, 2018.